Friday 2 October 2009

Before the ICA gig, I have somethings to do

The Junipers are on and I'm using up the last of my nervous energy making last minute arrangements, giving things out, lifting things up and putting them in different places, basically wasting time. My nerves are diluted by the sea of familiar faces many of which I haven't seen in more than 10 years but I can't escape the feeling that I should be backstage in my underpants with the rest of the boys. I get backstage just before the Junipers finish. No one is in their underpants but I do get to listen to The Junipers through the backstage monitors, they sound great. As soon as they finish we busy ourselves with setting up. Then backstage again and it's 20 minutes before the film starts. When we signal to Adam to start the film he comes and wishes us good luck, which is really thoughtful. When the film actually starts we are crossing everything hoping no one thinks it pretentious, then they start laughing at the funny bits and from then on we know its going to be alright.

No comments:

Post a Comment