Friday 2 October 2009

In the ICA

I'm in the 'theatre' at the ICA, there are about four staff running around setting up, its a properly organized and well ran ship, this makes me feel uneasy, I'm not sure why? Then they ask me questions that I should know the answers to. I mumble something about the mirror ball and then run away phoning for backup, Adam (lighting and wizardry) tells me he'll be about 5 minutes. So I go off and hide on my own. Shortly both Adam and Ronan arrive and with the safety of numbers I relax a little and it all starts to happen. Before long the van comes with Si, Andy and Shirley. With the whole family of spearmint in the building there is a lot more control. The sound check goes well; the visuals are ready; we have food; I iron my shirt for a third time and with an hour to go before doors open we can collectively return to the business of feeling nervous.

No comments:

Post a Comment